2017 Whanau Tri
2 April 2017 7:30 am - 1:00 pm| $2 - $15
Sport Manawatu in partnership with the Midcentral District Health Board proudly brings you the 2017 Whānau Tri!
This event is designed to get family members of all ages and activity levels engaged in physical activity by training for and completing a triathlon, perhaps for the very first time!
If you need assistance with your training, Sport Manawatu offer a 10-week Whānau Tri Training programme which commences on 23 January, 2017. The training programme costs $20 and automatically enters you into the Whānau Tri event (no need to register for the event as well).
- Short course: 100m swim, 3km bike, 1km run
- Medium course: 200m swim, 6km bike, 2km run
- Long course: 300m swim, 9km bike, 3km run
- Aquathon: 300m swim, 3km run
- Tamariki Tri: run, bike, water slide – for kids 8 years and under (approx. 100m run, 300m bike)
Pre-registration – Saturday 1 April 12:00pm-2:00pm (front of Lido)
Registration – Sunday 2 April 7:30am – 8:30am
- Individual Entry – $5 per person
- Team Entry – $15 per team
Tamariki Tri – $2 per child
EVENT DAY SCHEDULE
• 7.30 am – 8.30 am Registration & transition open
• 8.30 am Opening ceremony, safety briefing & warm up, (Ongley Park stage)
• 9.00 am Tamariki Tri (Ongley Park)
• 9.30 am Long course and Aquathon race briefing (Lido)
• 10.15 am Medium course race briefing (Lido)
• 11.00 am Short course race briefing (Lido)
• 12.30 pm Closing and spot prizes
- All roads are open make sure you obey all road rules and stay left!
- There will be no parking in the Lido or in front of the Lido on Park Road
- Event Parking can be found on Savage Reserve
- Races will start shortly after the race briefing at the pool
- Visit the Information tent on Ongley Park from 10am to see if you have won a spot prize!
- Kids can enjoy activities at the Kids Zone
- Closing ceremony at the conclusion of races – approx 12.30pm
- A reminder that this event is a SMOKEFREE and SUNSMART event! Please keep your whanau safe from the sun by covering up whenever possible, applying sunblock regularly throughout the day, and seeking shade whenever you can