The 500 Club
Sport Manawatu's 500 Club gives businesses a chance to partner with some of Manawatu's brightest young athletes as they pursue sporting excellence on the world stage while continuing their studies.
An annual financial contribution of $500 (plus GST) provides direct assistance to student athletes and strengthens Manawatu's representative sport teams by keeping our best athletes in green.
Student athletes supported by the 500 Club have represented New Zealand at World Cups and Olympic Games in their chosen disciplines, like George Worker (U19 Black Caps cricketer) and Emily Naylor (Black Sticks hockey player).
Your contribution of $500 helps fund the 500 Club scholarship programme, providing three-year scholarships for local sportspeople to stay in the Manawatu in tertiary study or trade apprenticeships.
The scholarship programme is an important part of keeping talented school-leavers in the region, strengthening the local high-performance talent pool, and cultivating community pride in the achievements of our young sportspeople.
Benefits for your business
As well as helping to build Manawatu's sporting tradition your business can expect:
- association with leading community sports organisations
- acknowledgement of your business in Sport Manawatu promotional material, website and media
- biannual 500 Club newsletter updating you on athletes progress
- opportunity for ongoing exposure in the monthly Sport Manawatu newsletter
- annual function recognising athletes and contributors
Want to join our athletes as they put themselves and our region on the world sporting stage? Or maybe you have some more questions? Contact us!