Softball Co-design Hui
28 April 2019 12:00 pm - 5:00 pm
Sport Manawatu and Massey University in conjunction with Manawatu Softball is running a Youth Leadership programme designed for young people aged 13-17 years old who face barriers to participate in sport, are at risk of dropping out or sport or no longer involved in sport.
To be eligible for this programme, you must not currently be in a leadership role. Eg: captain, house leader and be interested in sport as either a player, coach, umpire or as an administration role.
If you want to develop your skills in leadership and am willing to be an active member within the project group, then this could be the programme for you.
This programme will assist you:
To identify your values and passions and how this connects to the development of a leadership identity.
- To learn about the many ways and contexts within which leadership is exercised and that it is not based on position.
- To develop leadership skills and experience in the delivery of a project.
As a programme participant, you will:
- Attend a ½ day-long co-design workshop on 28th April at Youth Space from 12-5pm.
- Be able to spend 2 -3 hours per month from May to October on your development.
- Plan for and deliver a project with other young people in the programme.
- You will receive mentorship from either Sport Manawatu, Massey University or Manawatu Softball to provide you with guidance and advice.
- Attend a graduation at the end of October and give a short presentation on your project.
- Be awarded a certificate on successful completion of the programme.
The programme is open to all young people who wish to attend, provided:
- You are interested in developing leadership skills and knowledge
- You are willing to commit to the delivery of a project, and
- You have the support of your whanau.
- You are willing to develop connections to volunteering, or ongoing relationships to community organisations and reengage with playing sport
Applications close: 23 April 2019 and you will be confirmed Friday 26th April 2019.