Sport Manawatu Community Coach Advance Programme
11 March 2019 6:00 pm - 9 December 2019 8:00 pm| $85
The Sport Manawatu Community Coach Advance (SM CCA) Program gives development coaches, who are dedicated to continuous learning, an organised programme that will assist them on their journey to build effective and sustainable coaching practices.
Our guiding philosophy is “As coaches, we ask our athletes to change and grow (be continuous learners), so as coaches we should expect this of ourselves”.
The SM CCA programme is not an award where one passes or fails, but it is our mission is to develop and inspire coaches to become continuous learners for life.
The key priorities of the programme are:
- OPPORTUNITIES – to create opportunities for coaches to continuously learn
- CONNECTIONS – to develop and enhance collaboration between coaches in the Manawatu region.
- CAPABILITY – to grow confidence and capabilities of coaches so that they can provide effective and sustainable coaching practices
- COACH FOCUSED– to ensure that the coach is at the heart of their continuous learning journey.
We look forward to supporting our Sport Manawatu coaches on this exciting learning journey and believe that the opportunities provided will build confidence and knowledge, enabling them to grow their coaching practices.
What will we provide to meet these objectives?
- Eight two-hour workshops over 12 months, targeting destinations that will meet the needs of developing coaches
- Resources and tools as and when required
- An official SM CCA shirt
- A closed Facebook page for coaches to connect and collaborate across the codes and the region
- Structured opportunities for reflection after learnings
- Support and guidance by SM Coach Capability Advisor
- Invitations to all relevant SM workshops
How do I apply for the SM CCA?
Coaches can apply for the programme by submitting a completed expressions of interest form by Friday 22nd of February 2019 and committing to the following criteria prior and throughout the journey:
- Must be endorsed by their relevant Club/Centre/ School /RSO
- Must show a commitment to learning
- Are currently coaching older children/youth in the secondary school space and/or adult athletes
- Are themselves aligned to their RSO / NSO / Club
- Have a commitment to attend 80% or more of the workshops during their 12-month journey
- Have made payment in full for the $85 programme fee
- Have a growth mind-set
|Monday 11th March||Leadership & Culture|
|Mon 29th April||Planning|
|Mon 27th May||Injury Prevention|
|Mon 17th June||Technology|
|Mon 5th August||Skill Acquisition|
|Mon 16th September||Soft Skills – Coaching the un-coachables|
|Mon 28th October||Coach Led session|
|Mon 9th December||Guest Speaker – TBC|
For more information, please contact;
Coaching Capability Advisor – Sport Manawatu