KiwiSport is a New Zealand Government funding initiative that provides support for school-aged children wanting to participate in sports. Sport Manawatu administer the fund on behalf of Sport NZ, we receive $295,000 each year to distribute among our 4 regions (Palmerston North, Manawatu, Tararua & Horowhenua).
The KiwiSport funding must be used out of curriculum time (breakfast clubs, lunchtime, after school, weekends and holidays) It cannot be used in school lessons
KiwiSport Funding Round Closing Dates:
Small fund: 15 February, 15 April, 15 June, 15 August, 15 October, and 15 December
Large fund: Round 1 closes 29 September 2018. Round 2 closes 30th March 2019.
Secondary School Fund: Closes 16 November 2018
See each fund under it’s heading below for more information
KiwiSport aims to:
- Increase the number of school-age children participating in organised sport – during school, after school and by strengthening links with sports clubs.
- Increase the availability and accessibility of sport opportunities for all school-aged children.
- Support children in developing skills that will enable them to participate effectively in sport at both primary and secondary level.
The next KiwiSport Large Fund round opens 28th February 2019 and closes 30th March 2019 (delivery to begin from 1st May, retrospective funding is not possible)
Applications can be made for up to 70% of the total project costs.
How to Apply:
- Read our KiwiSport Guidelines Large Fund KiwiSport Guidelines Large Fund 2018
- Email email@example.com to obtain an application form.
Please contact Jess on 06 357 5349 if you have any concerns.
The Small Projects Fund is available to be applied for with 5 rounds in the next 12 months:
15 February, 15 April, 15 June, 15 August, 15 October, and 15 December
The small fund is able to fund up to 100% of project costs. The maximum grant is $5,000.
Please ensure you organise your application to coincide with the new dates as no retrospective projects can be funded. For example for a project to begin in term 2, which begins Monday 30 April you will need to apply for February’s funding round- if you miss it you can apply for Term 3 2018 in May’s 2018 round.
For further information and how to apply:
- Read our KiwiSport Guidelines Small Fund 2018
- Complete an Application Form –Small-Fund-Application-Form-2018
- Complete a Small Project Fund Budget Form
Send both the Small Project Fund Application Form and Small Projects Fund Budget to firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information, please contact Jess on 06 357 5349.
The Secondary School Fund is able to assist secondary schools with travel assistance and participation based projects within their school.
Please complete both the Application Form and Budget Form:
Please contact our Secondary School Sport Advisory regarding your project prior to submitting your application and budget forms.
KiwiSport is made up of:
- The Regional Partnership Fund (RPF) which is about partnerships and is administered by Sport Manawatu. The fund is separated into 3 different funds; the Large Fund, Small Projects Fund and Secondary School Fund.
- The Direct Fund, which goes directly to schools.
Regional Partnership Fund (RPF)
Sport Manawatu will invest in organisations and schools that demonstrate they are co-operating and forging partnerships with a focus on sport for school-aged children. Schools are the obvious catchment zone for kids to get involved and play sport. Organisations will be expected to contribute financially to these partnerships in addition to the support from the RPF.
Schools, Clubs, RSOs, NSOs, Sponsors (e.g. local businesses), Councils, Community Trusts
Identified regional priority areas:
- Skill Development
- Coach and Volunteer Development
- More Participation Opportunities