Volunteers are the heart of sport. Without volunteers, sport would not exist in the way it does in our country. At Sport Manawatu, we recognise the effort put in by volunteers and the contribution they make to the sporting sector.
You will be given opportunities in a huge range of different sporting events, and often these will only require a few hours of your time.
There are no obligations to assist once you’re on the database, so you can pick you volunteering duties based on your timetable and interests.
Members of the volunteer database receive benefits such as:
- Grassroots awards Tickets
- Regular offering of appreciation
- Events New Zealand Volunteer week
- Free entry to Sports events
- Youth Volunteers Breakfast (Youth week)
- Updates on Sport and recreation activity in the region
- Learning and development workshops
- Industry Experience in the events / Sport / Recreation industry
- Recognition from event organisers and much more.
“When you Volunteer, you vote every day about the kind of the community you want to live in”
Contact Sport Manawatu for more information or fill out the form below to become a Sporting Community Volunteer.
Become a part of the Sport Manawatu Volunteer Database and gain access to a variety of opportunities in a number of sports in the Manawatu. Simply complete your details below and we will add your details and keep you informed. There are no obligations to be involved once you are registered – you can choose to volunteer for things that suit you – and you can opt out at any time. After you sign up you will be sent a police check to fill out and send back in and will then be added to the database.
Related sites and resources for volunteers
Finding and Keeping Volunteers – Research based information to help organisations develop better volunteer management practices.