What is the Active Communities fund?
Established by the Palmerston North City Council, the Active Communities Fund aims to remove financial barriers to enable individuals, families, caregivers, children and youth the opportunity to be more active, more often.
The fund aims to remove barriers to participation through the provision of:
- Activity related costs;
- Activity related equipment not provided through a club, school or activity provider;
- Activity uniform, clothing or footwear;
- Facility fees or Event costs;
- Access to one on one or small group coaching;
- Opportunities that support a life-long love of being physically active;
- Travel related costs to enable participation;
- Funding may be given retrospectively on a case by case basis.
The concept of the Active Communities Fund has been made possible through the Palmerston North City Council, in order to help individuals, families, children and youth who might be financially disadvantaged to participate in their chosen sport or physical activity.
Please contact Brad Cassidy, Active Communities Manager at Sport Manawatu via firstname.lastname@example.org for an application form.
Click here (PDF) to view full funding outline and criteria.