Sport Manawatū is shown to have increased in a number of areas from the 2018 survey.
Areas that the survey respondents believe Sport Manawatū is doing good or great in are:
- Leading the play, active recreation, and sport community effectively (2018: 81%; 2021: 92%)
- Guiding the future direction of play, active recreation, and sport (2018: 77%; 2021: 89%)
- Leading and/or contributing to community or region plans which deliver appropriate spaces and places to be active (2018: 81%; 2021: 89%)
- Working in partnership to achieve shared outcomes in the play, active recreation, and sport sector (2018: 82%; 2021: 92%)
- Providing an enhanced understanding of the play, active recreation, and sport sector to inform decision making (2018: 81%; 2021: 86%)
- Positively influencing participation in play, sport and recreation (2018: 82%; 2021: 87%)
- Promoting collaboration in the development and provision of spaces and places (2021: 89%)
- Promoting balance is better or Good Sports principles for young people (2021: 90%)
The leadership team at Sport Manawatū have also taken on board the feedback in areas of improvement, which are:
- Provide ways to help schools improve physical activity opportunities
- Continue working closely to influence a regional approach to sport and facilities
- The need for a collaborative resource hub that holds information and data for RSO’s and local organisations to utilise.
The Sport Manawatū draft strategic plan for 2021-2024 has been amended to include some of the areas for improvement.