Parafed Manawatu - Operations Manager
To lead, represent and act as a champion for Parafed Manawatu in the disability, Play, Sport Active Recreation and commercial sector. Optimising opportunities for all our members and providing leadership to our Parafed staff, enabling them to deliver to their operational objectives.
Key Tasks & Responsibilities:
Develop relationships with existing sponsors and funders to ensure positive relationships are maintained ensuring the full benefits are enjoyed by both parties.
- Identify new potential sponsors and funders and successfully secure new funding streams.
- Ensure our operational and strategic plan is delivered.
- Support staff to make sure they achieve their work goals. Have monthly meetings with staff after the board meetings to address any issues and make sure highlighted items are actioned accordingly.
- Effectively line manage staff dealing with all aspects of their employment.
- Manage Parafed Manawatu’s Health and Safety system.
- Ensure staff and volunteers have the right tools and training to deliver their roles.
- Participate in Board meetings on request, reporting on progress, contributing where appropriate and answering board questions
- Meet and build relationships with aligned organisations, i.e., Sport Manawatu, Sport NZ, Halberg, Parafed Network, Paralympics NZ
- Meet and build relationships with RSO’s and NSO’s, Clubs, Play and Active Rec Providers
- Provide administration support for Parafed run sports to reduce the requirement for volunteer managers.
- Meet with Board Chair monthly to review and plan strategic activities.
- Liaise with Treasurer re financial management & budgeting.
- Promote Parafed Manawatu and look at marketing options to grow our membership, manage social media updates.
- Complete funding applications & accountability reports.
- Represent Parafed Manawatu at Have-a-go days and sport activities.
- Attend relevant functions representing Parafed Manawatu.
This role is based in Palmerston North with travel around Manawatu, Tararua and Horowhenua. Part time, permanent role approx 25 – 30 hours per week for the right candidate. Use of vehicle, laptop and phone included.
Key Skills, Knowledge & Experience:
- Personable with an ability to build strong relationships quickly and develop positive networks.
- Experience with funding applications and accountability reports
- An understanding and passion for the disability sector or at least a desire to do so.
- Knowledge of and the ability to make sure we are aligned with Te Tiriti o Waitangi.
- Previous experience working with a governance board and/or strategic leadership role.
- Experience leading teams.
- Strong written and oral presentation skills.
- Excellent communication skills
- Strong team player
- Perseverance and Resilience
To be successful in this role you do not need to have come from a disability background, but you must demonstrate the desire to become fully immersed and demonstrate the ethics and morals of Parafed Manawatu in a professional manner.
For more information or a copy of the job description, please email Tania Lennon on email@example.com
Applications close Tuesday 22 November 2022.