Managing Tū Manawa Active Aotearoa on behalf of Sport NZ in our region.
The priority groups we target include:
- Tamariki (aged 5-12),
- Rangatahi (aged 13-18),
- Young women (aged (19-24),
- Higher deprivation communities,
- Disabled children and young people (aged 5-24)
- Refugees and migrant young people (aged 5-24)
We know from research that there are some groups who are more at risk of missing out or being less active.
Who can apply?
Please use the diagram below to see if you are eligible to apply.
If you want to apply but do not have legal status, we recommend you consider partnering with a qualifying (legal) entity.
Examples of who can apply
- Hapū, Iwi, Marae, Māori organisations
- Primary/Intermediate schools/Kura
- Secondary schools/Wharekura
- Tertiary Education/Whare Wānanga
- Charitable Trusts
- Regional or Local Councils
- Incorporated Societies
Examples of who can not apply
- National organisations who already receive Partnership Investment from Sport NZ
- Government agencies and their regional branches (e.g. Ministry of Health, Oranga Tamariki)
- Early Learning Services
- Professional or semi-professional sports teams and organisations
What can be funded?
This is an activation fund to help cover programme or service delivery costs. This includes costs of:
- Programme or project delivery (e.g. venue or equipment hire, transport to event)
- Equipment (as part of a programme or project)
- Officials, where these are required for the delivery of the programme or project
- Costs of delivery staff wages applicable to the programme or project (e.g. activity leader, coordinator).
What will not be funded?
The fund does not cover:
- Cost of attending tournaments or competitions
- Cost of retrospective programmes or events (those that have already been completed or held)
- Multi-year programmes
- Cost associated with professional athletes, professional sports teams, academies, or rep teams
- Capital costs (e.g. facility development, playgrounds)
- Administration and on-going costs (e.g. rent, internet, power)
- Wages or annual salaries for staff who are not involved in the planning or delivery of the project or programme (e.g. salaries for development officer role)
- Medals, prizes, giveaways, and spot prizes.
The Small Fund is for applications of up to $10k.
- The first round for 2022 opened 1 August 2022 and remains open until 30 November 2022 or until the fund is exhausted.
- The second round opens 1 February 2023 and will remain open until 31 May 2023 or until the fund is exhausted.
- Results will be communicated within 10 working days of receipt of application.
Large Fund applications $10k to $40k and will be assessed by a regional panel of wide representation.
- The first round opens 1 August and closes 31 August 2022.
- Results will be communicated by 24 September 2022.
- The second round opens 1 February and closes 28 February 2023.
- Results will be communicated by 24 March 2023.
Please read the documents below to understand everything you need to know before applying:
Tū Manawa Success Stories
3-step Application Process
Before applying, read the Community Guidelines.
Then complete the Expression of Interest Form.
If you are experienced in Tū Manawa applications and are confident with the process you may go directly to Step 3.
Once your EOI form is submitted, a Sport Manawatū staff member will contact you to provide you with feedback on your EOI before you start your application.