A Green Prescription, a scrip with a difference.
What is Green Prescription?
Green Prescription (GRx) is a scrip with a difference. Instead of a medical scrip, it is a health professional’s referral for a client that prescribes a personalised Green Prescription programme to improve physical activity, health and well-being.
How Green Prescription helps your patient
- Individual consultations to develop personalised physical activity goals
- Involve clients in our 10-week physical activity programme
- Educate on healthy food choices to improve health and wellbeing
- Encourage long-term, sustainable physical activities
- Monitor and report progress during and after programme
Useful video links:
- Our YouTube channel
- GRx ‘At Home Exercise’ videos
- GRx ‘Education Session’ videos
- ‘Resistance Bands’ video
- Active Team – Annual Report Video July 21 to June 22
Whether you’re a GP, nurse or health promoter, you play an important role in the Green Prescription programme. If you would like to refer a client, they must fulfill the following GRx referral criteria:
- Must be 18 years of age or older
- Physically inactive or participates in very low levels of exercise.
No you don’t need to be referred by your healthcare provider. You can self-refer and register online or request a hard-copy registration form to complete.
No you don’t have to have a medical condition to engage in the GRx programme. If you would like support around achieving your health and fitness goals, then the GRx programme can help you.
There is no cost to the GRx programme
We run our programmes in 10-week blocks. After you complete the 10-weeks you do have the opportunity to continue on the programme if you are still requiring support.
Yes, we encourage you to bring a support person to classes.