Healthy Active Learning
Healthy Active Learning is a joint government initiative between Sport New Zealand and the Ministries of Health and Education designed to improve the wellbeing of tamariki and young people through healthy eating and drinking, and quality physical activity.
Our Healthy Active Learning team here at Sport Manawatū currently work in 28 decile 1-4 schools throughout the Horowhenua, Tararua, Manawatū and Palmerston North City districts. Below are some of the expected outcomes of this initiative:
- Children and young people are supported to make positive and informed choices about food, nutrition, and physical activity.
- Children and young people are supported to develop critical perspectives about food, nutrition, and physical activity.
- Children and young people are actively and positively engaged in learning.
- School cultures, environments and processes value and prioritize quality physical activity and nutrition that meets the needs of students.
- Schools and communities provide access to healthy food and quality physical activity.